EB-5. Step by step.
If you intend to invest in the US to obtain the EB-5, these are the steps you should follow.
- Fill out all the documents for your chosen venture. Remember that the investment must be made in a "regional center" authorized by the US government.
- Make the transfer of the requested amount, around $500,000.
- Send the receipts to your lawyer. He will prepare all the forms and start the process.
- Wait for the response from the Immigration Department, which can take up to 9 months.
- Receive your temporary green card, lasting 24 months.
- After the initial 2 years, you will receive your permanent green card,
In addition to making the investment, you must prove that your money was obtained legally, either through work, donation, or some other form authorized by law. You do not need to prove education, speak English, or have any special skills. The best thing is that you will be allowed to live anywhere you want in the US and do any kind of professional activity.