L1 and E2 Visas

L1 and E2 visas

Two of the most popular visas for immigration into the United States are the L1 and the E2.

L1 - Transferred Executive.

The L1 is granted to individuals who come transferred by their companies, as responsible for the operation of a branch in the USA. The Brazilian company must prove billing, payroll, history, among others. While the executive is in the United States, the Brazilian company must continue to operate and generate profit normally. The L1 needs to be renewed regularly and, after a certain period of time, with the American company also generating jobs and financial results, the Green Card can be requested.

Do you have dual citizenship? The E2 can be your visa.

The E2 is an investor visa granted to citizens of certain countries that are part of the Trade Agreement with the USA. Brazil is not part of this agreement, but if you have Italian, German and several other citizenships (to be consulted), you can apply for the E2 to invest in a company in the United States.

The investor, spouse and children under 21 years old, even if they do not have dual citizenship, are also benefited. The visa can be renewed for periods of up to 5 years, but the big disadvantage is that it does not give the right to apply for a green card.

As we always recommend, consult an immigration attorney before you choose your path.

Did you like the article? Keep an eye on our blog! Wanting to invest in Florida real estate? See the list of houses for sale in florida that we have selected for you!

About The Author

Related posts